Saturday, August 15, 2009

Random notes from the week

As a follow-up to my earlier post on Ortiz, Bill Simmons happened to write a thoughtful piece on Wednesday about Ortiz and his skepticism in the steroids era in which he notes that there is no easy solution.  While I don’t agree with all of Simmons’ positions, it certainly comes across that he is discussing this issue sincerely.  I’m shocked to have commended Bill twice in my first week.


Also in response to my Ortiz post, we received this response from a reader:      

Thoroughly entertaining post, especially the Simmons refrain. I would also mention that ESPN had the ridiculous Ortiz commercial where he put on a Yankees cap a few years back with Posada. Ortiz has always been an ESPN friend, and ESPN has profited off of that friendship and Ortiz's likeness. As funny as these commercials are, when you profit off of the athletes involved, then can you really give them fair coverage? Anyway, great stuff. Keep sending the new posts my way; my capacity to check my usual rotation of websites has severely decreased since starting work.


Here's the video:





On a completely unrelated note, we are all dumber for having seen this.  Jay Harris looks like a moron.


-RW


No comments:

Post a Comment